Regional Coordinator (Donetsk region)
ADRA Ukraine is a subunit of a larger, worldwide network present in 122, with the main office is in Washington D.C., funded by the Seventh-Day Adventist church. ADRA Ukraine has been operating in Ukraine since 1993. Due to humanitarian response, ADRA Ukraine is providing humanitarian assistance to internally displaced people in 15 regions of Ukraine. In summary, during the years of 2014 and early 2015, ADRA Ukraine have completed projects totaling over $2,1 million and reaching approximately 200 000 people. ADRA Ukraine is currently looking for an experienced Regional Coordinator for the ADRA humanitarian projects in Donetsk region.
Starts up date: asap
Duration: 6 months with potential extension
Location: Eastern Ukraine, Donetsk and Luhansk oblast, based in office in Slavjansk
The Regional Coordinator will be the focal point for the Donetsk region in Ukraine, ensuring effective management of programs, resources, staff and support functions at the field location and will contribute to the development of an area specific program strategy according to the needs. Assist the Project Managers in implementation of shelter & NFI, food and cash& vouchers programs. The regional Manager will be based in Slavjansk with travels to other locations.
· Contributing to the design and update of the regional strategy by providing field inputs to Project Managers and Emergency Coordinator
· Assist the Project Teams in the implementation of regular projects in the Donetsk oblast
· Supervising the work of the support services at field level in cooperation with Project teams
· Ensuring the implementation of recommendation from the Project Managers
· Assist project team with inputs for regular reports
· Assist the project team in recruitment of local staff
· Monitoring the social climate in the field
· Management of training needs in the field
· Facilitate good relationship with project teams
· Update the Emergency Coordinator & Project Mangers in HQ (Kiev) on programs implementation
· Proactively refer to the Emergency Coordinator for any matter that could jeopardize the programs
· Facilitate communication between field and office in Kiev
· Monitoring and supervising the overall partnership in the field, facilitate the communication with the local governments and other field offices
· Participate in the coordination activities in the field level,
- At least 2 years/substantial experience working with a humanitarian/ development organisation
- Skills and experience in project/programme implementation, monitoring, review and evaluation
- Substantial people and programme management experience with good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Substantial experience in office management with a good understanding of logistics, HR and finance procedures.
- Solid experience in grant management, including budget holding and donor reporting.
- Substantial understanding or proven experience of security management issues.
- Representational, political awareness and advocacy skills.
- Good understanding of the Ukrainian context, and specifically the Donetsk region
Good knowledge of English and Ukrainian/Russian
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.