Logistics/Warehouse Coordinator (Shelter program)
ADRA Ukraine is a subunit of a larger, worldwide network present in 122, with the main office is in Washington D.C., funded by the Seventh-Day Adventist church. ADRA Ukraine has been operating in Ukraine since 1993. Due to humanitarian response, ADRA Ukraine is providing humanitarian assistance to internally displaced people in 15 regions of Ukraine. In summary, during the years of 2014 and early 2015, ADRA Ukraine have completed projects totaling over $2,1 million and reaching approximately 200 000 people. ADRA Ukraine is currently looking for an experienced Logistics/Warehouse Coordinator for the shelter reconstruction project, funded by UNHCR.
Starts up date: asap
Duration: 6 months with potential extension
Location: Eastern Ukraine, Donetsk and Luhansk oblast, based in Office in Slavjansk or Kramatorsk
- Experience in operations research, supply chain management, warehouse management, or humanitarian relief operations
- Experience developing a time-phased supply chain
- Experience working with private and public sector clients
- Experience managing multiple projects in a high pressure work environment
- Experience in general warehouse management
- Experience in managing vendors and/or third-party logistics providers (3PL)
- Valid passenger car driver license and the ability to drive to off-site locations when requested.
- Experience with institutional donor (USAID, UNICEF, DFID, OCHA) an advantage
- Previous experience from Emergency Projects is an asset
- He/She will be responsible for warehouse management, work closely with the construction team and UNHCR warehouse to ensure, cost efficient and time effective procedures on moving stocks from procurement centers through transit stores and all the way to the final destination through standard routes and methods of transport. Assist in prioritizing stocks for movement; ensure warehousing capacities at source and transit locations is suitable and adequate for supplies.
- Ensure compliant procedures and paperwork are followed for disposal of stock items when needed
- He/She is responsible for the smooth functioning of logistics on the mission. He/She makes sure the resources which are necessary for carrying out the programs are available and actively participates in the mission’s safety management
- He/She assists the Program Manager with safety management. He/She is directly responsible of the daily, concrete aspects of the mission’s safety management.
- He/She is responsible of the management of computer equipment, tele/radiocommunication equipment and for the mission’s energy supply.
- He/She is responsible for the management of the car park (availability, safety, maintenance etc), for the smooth functioning of the mission and the realization of activities in accordance with the available budget.
- He/She supports the teams in case of redeployment/installation/rehabilitation/ closing of bases.
- He/She will be responsible for the quality, description and the quantity of goods ordered
- Ensure a good filling system of all procurement documents
- Assist with the HR management
Project will provide ability for displaced persons, those returning, and those living in affected areas to return to 800 repaired houses and increase quality of housing in stable, government controlled areas of Donetsk in Slavyansk and Lisichansk. Project implementation can be further extended to Schastye, Mariupol or surrounding villages as contingency locations subject to changes in security situation and coordination with UNCHR and its active partners.
Ability to read and interpret reports and technical procedures in English and Ukrainian/Russian
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.