Finance assistant/Accountant (Ukrainian national)
ADRA Ukraine is a subunit of a larger, worldwide network present in 122, with the main office is in Washington D.C., funded by the Seventh-Day Adventist church. ADRA Ukraine has been operating in Ukraine since 1993. Due to humanitarian response, ADRA Ukraine is providing humanitarian assistance to internally displaced people in 15 regions of Ukraine. In summary, during the years of 2014 and early 2015, ADRA Ukraine have completed projects totaling over $2,1 million and reaching approximately 200 000 people. ADRA Ukraine is currently looking for an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for the shelter reconstruction project, funded by UNHCR.
Starts up date: asap
Duration: 6 months with potential extension
Location: Eastern Ukraine, Donetsk and Luhansk oblast, based in Office in Slavjansk
· Accounting and tracking of ADRA Ukraine resources in accordance with ADRA Ukraine and donor policies and regulation
· Ensure proper accounting prices, including all entries into S1 accounting software, have supporting documentation, reconciliation of staff and bank reconciliation, prepaid expense reconciliation, liability reconciliations, payroll, monthly cash advance requests, and financial reporting in conformity with ADRA’s and donor’s standards
· Establish and maintain accounting procedures and controls and monthly accounting calendar
· Ensuring accuracy of financial reporting and timely submission of field reports by the 20th of each month to ADRA Headquarters.
· Ensuring payment of staff salaries and benefits in accordance to ADRA guidelines and the local Ukraine labor law.
- Reviewing and monitoring payment of all procurement and service contracts to ensure that payment is made based on deliverables received with required documentation in accordance with ADRA and USAID policies.
- Ensuring internal controls are established at all levels to minimize risk and unallowable costs and responding in a timely manner to any audit findings.
- Assist the Project Manager and Finance Manager to budgets for existing programs and new proposals.
- Reviewing and analyzing program pipelines, ensuring accuracy of expenditure reporting
- Overseeing all financial management-related aspects of program close-out and start-up.
- Overseeing day-to-day office operations and support the Logistics & HR management and staffing needs.
- Overseeing the procurement of goods and services in compliance with ADRA and donors rules and regulations.
- Ensuring that inventory records are updated on a regular basis and that adequate safeguards are in place to ensure the proper usage of ADRA property and assets. Maintenance of fixed asset register, and routine monitoring of inventory reconciliations for expendables
- Overseeing payroll and ensure processing is accurate and timely.
- Ensuring that ADRA’s Finance, IT and Office policies and procedures are strictly followed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the ADRA Ukraine.
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with over 3 years of relevant experience
- Must have knowledge in accounting
- Proficient in computerized accounting systems and strong spread sheet skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of Ukrainian legislation related to finance, HR and accounting
- Must have working knowledge of Ukrainian, English language is an asset
- Previous experience from Project management finance & accounting is an adventage
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.