Human Resources Manager (Ukrainian national)
ADRA Ukraine is a subunit of a larger, worldwide network present in 122, with the main office is in Washington D.C., funded by the Seventh-Day Adventist church. ADRA Ukraine has been operating in Ukraine since 1993. Due to humanitarian response, ADRA Ukraine is providing humanitarian assistance to internally displaced people in 15 regions of Ukraine. In summary, during the years of 2014 and early 2015, ADRA Ukraine have completed projects totaling over $2,1 million and reaching approximately 200 000 people. ADRA Ukraine is currently looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager for the shelter reconstruction project, funded by UNHCR.
Starts up date: asap
Duration: 6 months with potential extension
Location: Kiev, with potential travel to the East of Ukraine (Slavjansk, Kharkiv, Severodonetsk)
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Human Resources Manager is a position based in Kyiv with potential travel to the established field offices in the East Ukraine. The position provides specialized support to ADRA Ukraine Emergency programs’ goals by facilitating policy and systems for human resource needs to ensure efficient and effective operations. This position will ensure human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a committed and skilled workforce
Human Resource Management
- Implement transparent and appropriate HR practice, standards/procedures and policies in accordance with ADRA’s Handbook to strengthen the Human Resources (HR) function overall. This should include the rollout of the Handbook in the HQ and field offices, training of HR/Admin staff, setting up of electronic and paper personal files, setting up the personal database files and leave tracking.
- Manage and ensure that all Human Resources are in compliance with the human resource protocols, record keeping (including timesheet, employee data sheets, ID cards, disciplinary papers, performance evaluations and other HR files) and management of required information for compensation and benefits administration.
- Identify weaknesses in current HR systems. Advise supervisor on outstanding issues and assist in designing and implementing, as required.
- Provide guidelines and technical assistance related to the Human Resources function
- Oversee the monthly procedure of time allocation for all staff including collection, review and compilation into payroll, and training new staff on timesheet procedure.
- Process monthly timesheet summary in conjunction with finance staff and ensure payroll is delivered in a timely manner to all offices.
- Participate in recruitment, disciplinary and termination meetings of all national staff in coordination with Emergency Coordinator and Program/Project Manager.
- Ensure recruitment systems allow ADRA to hire top-quality staff members.
- Responsible for the orientation of all new national staff on ADRAsystems, policies and procedures.
- Lead a review of policy and implementation guidelines based on Ukrainian laws.
- Maintain annual holiday schedule including determination of exact holidays in advance of the holiday and informing all staff.
- Oversee the clearance of terminated employees, as per ADRA Ukraine policies and procedures.
- Manage all human resource related legal issues in compliance with the Ukrainian labor law and structures.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation within the ADRA Ukraine HQ and Field offices.
- Responsible for all visa, work permit, residence permit and other legal documentation required for all expatriate staff.
- Ensure all expatriate administrative records and documents are properly filed in an orderly and logical manner, these including copy of valid passport, copy of valid residence / work permits and any other documentation.
- Assist the Emergency Coordinator and Country Director in liaising with the local government in relation to the above.
- Assist the Humanitarian Director and eventual Country Directer as necessary in liaising with legal counsel.
- Responsible for proper reception and accommodation of visitors and new arrivals: pick up and drop off at airport, guest apartment or hotel bookings, provision of guest telephone (charged), ‘constant companion’, security briefing document, etc. in coordination with Logistic officer.
- Coordinate translation services: processing translation requests from staff through service contracts with qualified translators.
- A BA/S or equivalent in relevant field; MA/S preferred.
- 3-5 years experience on Human Resources in business or non- governmental sector
- Experience working in international relief and development in administration, staff supervision and development, training, and inter/intra – agency communications is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of team.
- Strong inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point) is required.
- Fluency in Ukrainian & English is required.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.