Database manager/Site identification of Shelter program (Ukrainian national)
ADRA Ukraine is a subunit of a larger, worldwide network present in 122, with the main office is in Washington D.C., funded by the Seventh-Day Adventist church. ADRA Ukraine has been operating in Ukraine since 1993. Due to humanitarian response, ADRA Ukraine is providing humanitarian assistance to internally displaced people in 15 regions of Ukraine. In summary, during the years of 2014 and early 2015, ADRA Ukraine have completed projects totaling over $2,1 million and reaching approximately 200 000 people. ADRA Ukraine is currently looking for an experienced Database Manager for the shelter reconstruction project, funded by UNHCR.
Starts up date: asap
Duration: 6 months with potential extension
Location: Eastern Ukraine, Donetsk and Luhansk oblast, based in Office in Slavjansk or Kramatorsk
Database manager will assist the Monitoring and Evaluation manager in data collection on the houses, damaged by the war conflict in the East of Ukraine, to provide information on he extend of damages and vulnerability of families, consider as potential recipients of assistance in reconstruction of damaged houses, provided by ADRA reconstruction teams and reconstruction materials.
– To identify the sites with damaged houses
– To conduct interviews with local authorities and other stakeholders on areas of potential assistance
– TO Contact individuals to be interviewed at home or field locations, conduct household interviews on the household vulnerability, as well as extend of house/ appartment damage
– To cooperate and share information with other NGOs providing similar type of assistance
– To develop of database on information related to the project needs
– To cooperate closely with Monitoring & Evaluation Manager on survey and data collection techniques development
– Following comments from the M&E Officer make corrections to data generated from the field
– Transcribe and expand field notes from qualitative data following formats to be provided, if assigned on quantitative data collection
– Explain survey objectives and procedures to interviewees and interpret survey questions to help interviewees comprehension
– Ask questions in accordance with instructions to obtain various specified information
– Identify and report problems in obtaining valid data
– Meet the M&E and Project Manager daily to submit completed questionnaire and discuss progress
– Review data obtained from interview for completeness and accuracy.
· BSc Degree in IT or Engineering fields
· Excellent computer skills, including experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, SSPP, Access, SQL and any other statistical packages
· Previous data collection experience
· Willingness to work in East Ukraine (non-governmental control areas)
· Basic technical/ maintenance knowledge is required
· Previous experience in shelter reconstruction/ or shelter projects is an asset
· Local language is mandatory, English language is an asset
Please sent your application and CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you.