Project Coordinator for “HIV Prevention, Testing and Treatment for Youth and Women in Conflict with the Law in Ukraine” project supported by Elton John AIDS Foundation in HealthRight International Representative Office in Ukraine
HealthRight International Representative Office in Ukraine seeks a project coordinator
Deadline for submission: November 30, 2018.
Information about the organization
Since 2005, HealthRight International Representative Office in Ukraine
has been working in Ukraine, providing access to vital health and
psychosocial services for vulnerable populations. In 2008,
HealthRight International founded local organization,
Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health (UFPH), to build local capacity,
support Ukrainian initiatives and ensure the sustainability of its projects.
The targets groups with which HealthRight and UFPH work in Ukraine are:
· vulnerable women and girls (HIV+, street-involved,
experiencing difficult life circumstances or in penitentiary facilities);
· survivors of torture among the Ukrainian military,
civilians and internally displaced people (IDPs).
In 2017, HealthRight International and Ukrainian Foundation for
Public Health provided services to 26,307 women, men and children.
“HIV prevention, testing and treatment for youth and women in conflict with the law in Ukraine” project is aimed at lowering the level of HIV spread among convicts (youth and women) and improving the access to HIV testing and treatment for persons in conflict with the law. The project’s objectives are: a) comprehensive social support, HIV prevention and testing for incarcerated, probationers and released women and youth, as well as those at-risk; b) reducing the number of cases connected with HIV infection risks and preventing recidivism in correction facilities; c) training and improving the capacity of service providers in HIV prevention and testing, as well as in recidivism risk reduction. The project is funded by Elton John AIDS Foundation.
Description of main duties
· General coordination of the implementation of the project “HIV prevention, testing and treatment for youth and women in conflict with the law in Ukraine”, ensuring the implementation of the project Work Plan, including staff recruiting, implementation of the monitoring and assessment system, preparation of reports to the donor, building a referral network, implementing case management in the work of implementation cites, work with sub-grantees, planning of strengthening the project partners’ capacity etc.
· General coordination and interaction with the State Enterprises “Probation Center” and “Healthcare Center of the State Criminal Executive Service”, project office of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, including event planning, collection of statistical information etc.
· Strengthening the potential and efficiency of the sites created within the framework of the project.
· Planning the training component of the project.
· Extending the network of the organizations and specialists to detect and provide harmonized services to the project’s target group, strengthen the potential of the organizations providing services by implementing training programs under the methodology developed by HealthRight International and providing sustainability of the created models in Kyiv and other regions.
· Coordinating the activities connected with transferring the proven models under the financing from local budgets after the projects have been closed.
· Methodological and practical support of the interdisciplinary case management methodology implementation by the employees of project sites; monitoring of the efficiency of the support provided.
· Ensuring the development of information products within the framework of the project, in particular, guidance manuals, leaflets, posters and web-site materials for the organization, coordinating the research carried out within the framework of the project.
· Financial oversight of the project implementation by the project coordinators.
· Participation in the search of additional funding for the organization’s projects, assistance in developing and writing applications for donors.
· Representation of the organization’s projects and interests at the regional and national levels, in partner organizations, local governmental bodies and CSO at the local and regional levels.
· Support of the activities of the organization’s Representative Office in Ukraine, as well as of the ICF “Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health”.
· 3+ years work experience in international or Ukrainian organizations (governmental or non-governmental) in project/program management is essential;
· Proven experience and expertise in the matters of HIV prevention, testing and treatment of women and youth in conflict with the law, other risk groups;
· Respective university degree, desirably in social or healthcare sphere;
· Excellent managerial skills;
· Good skills in document preparation and experience in drafting reports for management and donors;
· Good command of English;
· Independence, excellent oral and written communication skills, commitment, strong work ethic.
Please send your CV and motivation letter before November 30, 2018, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the motivation letter, please indicate your rationale for applying, your respective professional experience and expected salary.